Friday, September 19, 2008

Mobile Text Messaging



USA mobile and cell phone customers ranging between the ages of 14 and 30 apparently send up to 20 TXT or text messages each day, compared to only 1 or 2 text messages for older users in the 30 to 43 age group and then only a single SMS or Text Message in the 44 to 64, after leading marketing firm Knowledge Networks conducted a recently survey and audit of texting in the cell and mobile phone arena.

My kids are young so I don't know a lot about daily cellphone usage for teenagers but I was having a conversation with one of my colleagues recently on this subject. He has three boys between 10-15. They all have cellphones and he mentioned that one of them has "probably never" made an outgoing phone call on his cellphone! He will answer the phone if someone calls him but all he does on an outbound basis is text. I knew teenagers loved to text but this data point surprised me. Times are certainly changing.

No comments: